One of our influencers, Michelle, lives in Arizona where she is a mother, wife, homesteader, cook, and agriculture student at Yavapai College. Michelle is so sweet and has a beautiful farm where she has her pet pig, Tansy, and grows her garden in straw bales!
I interviewed Michelle to find out more on her story to share with our customers here at Park Seed!
- When did your love of gardening begin? My earliest memory was when I was 3. I would sit and watch my dad in the garden for hours; digging, planting, pulling weeds, and always had that dirt under his nails!
- What made you decide to start your Instagram/vlog? I was eager to connect with other people that shared the same interests. I now have friends all over the world that share the same goals and passion for gardening and Homesteading!
- How have you gone about developing your brand and gaining an authentic audience? You just said it, “By being authentic.” Having a genuine desire to learn and share with others. To look at each follower or subscriber as a friend rather than a number. Nothing is picture perfect so I’ve shared both my triumphs and failures. We all have something to learn from one another.
- What is your dream or goal with being an influencer, having your garden on social media, or just carrying this Instagram out? My goal is to share my enthusiasm and story with all who will listen! You don’t have to grow up in the country or around a garden to become a gardener! If I can do it, so can YOU! There is nothing more satisfying than growing your own food!
- What is your favorite part about gardening/why do you love it? I love to garden because of the feeling it gives me! I believe God intended for us to connect with the land, to work hard for what we have, and to eat organically. I feel such deep accomplishment when I do just that.
- What is your favorite thing to grow? I am a ‘Veggie Girl’ tried and true! I can’t get enough of them! I love to toss diced sweet potatoes in Olive Oil, season with just salt and pepper and bake on high heat till tender. No need to get fancy with vegetables as they taste great on their own.
- Hardest thing you’ve learned/toughest trial you’ve overcome while gardening? The toughest ‘hard to swallow’ reality of gardening is ultimately in the end, the weather or insects will win!
- How do you educate and inspire others through your platforms? I enjoy sharing the real life stories that I walk each day. From seed starting to harvesting and all the in between. People are naturally inspired through other people’s successes! I’m willing to take the time to talk and encourage people to get up and just give it a try. You have nothing to lose but you have so much experience and wisdom to gain.
- If there was one thing you could change, what would it be? I would love to bring back the bartering system! Everybody working hard to provide a commodity that either promotes survival or pleasure. This would take away the power of the dollar and re-build the community and maybe even some confidence along the way.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do? I’d build an off grid homestead in a rural area that had enough room to comfortably accommodate all our kiddos.
You can find delicious recipes on her instagram as well as tips and tricks within her post! Everyone go give Little Miss Wanna Be Homesteader a follow!
Tune in next week for another influencer story!